Section NE-2B Council of Chiefs (COC) Meetings
Please see the schedule to the right or the Section Calendar for COC meeting dates. All lodges in Section NE-2B are required to be present at COC Meetings. It is important that each lodge is properly represented by your Lodge Chief and Lodge Adviser at the meeting. In the event that a Chief or Adviser cannot be present, it is the Lodge’s responsibility to ensure that a qualified replacement person attends the meeting.
Section NE-2B holds 3 COC meetings throughout the year to manage the business of the Section, discuss and review new important program related materials and updates and to develop and plan our yearly Conclave Event. The Council of Chiefs are made up of the following members:
- The Section NE-2B Leadership Team – Section Chief, Section Vice-Chief, Section Secretary, Section Adviser, Associate Adviser(s) and Staff Adviser
- Immediate Past Section Chief
- Lodge Chiefs and Lodge Advisers from our 5 Member Lodges
- Section Committee Chairman and Advisers
- Conclave Service Lodge Youth Coordinator and Adult Adviser
COC voting privileges on Section and Conclave matters are reserved for the 9 key youth members on the committee – Section Officers (3), Past Section Chief and Member Lodge Chiefs (5).
Lodge Associate Advisers, Lodge Staff Advisers, Scout Executives and Youth Lodge Officers from our member lodges are also gladly invited and encouraged to attend the Section’s COC meetings.
The next NLS and NLATS opportunities in the the Northeast Region are:
- November 13-15, 2015 – Alpine Scout Camp, Alpine, NJ – SOLD OUT
- NLS – National Leadership Seminar – FULL
- NLATS – National Lodge Adviser Training Seminar – FULL
- March 11-13, 2016 – Alpine Scout Camp, Alpine, NJ
- NLS – National Leadership Seminar
- NLATS – National Lodge Adviser Training Seminar
Registration materials when available can be found on the NLS and NLATS pages at the Northeast Region Order of the Arrow web site, under the programs tab. If you are interested in attending, please contact your Lodge Chief or Lodge Adviser. Please register early as these courses typically fill up very quickly.You must submit your registration information to your Lodge Adviser for approval and submission to the Region.
These are amazing training opportunities that all current and future lodge leaders (both youth and adults) should attend.